The morning session focused on the themes of risk management and gender issue.
For the first activity, participants gathered in groups and prepared a role game where they were supposed to illustrate specific issues on the topic of relationships between volunteers, such as:
- A man sharing his room with another one who is very feminine
- A man trying to hug a woman who doesn’t want to
- A female volunteer complaining about the fact that men don’t cook
- A woman trying to enter an historical site with clothes that don’t respect the traditions
The activity provided the group with an entertaining and effective method to discuss gender issues and issues related to gender problematics.
The second activity was dedicated to risk management in general. Each participant was asked to present one situation difficult to handle before, during or after a workcamp. The different cases were:
- Tolls are missing a few days before the workcamp starts
- No transportation available to pick up participants a few days before their arrival
- The site manager informs the workcamp leader that the site is not accessible anymore
- The workcamp leader has health issues and cannot manage the workcamp
- There are many cancellations and only national volunteers are planning to come
A game workshop was organised at the beginning of this afternoon. Its aim was to provide participants NFE tools to be used in workcamp and intercultural projects, how to adapt them to cultural heritage topics and to the special needs of participants. The different types of games presented during this workshop were:
- name games
- getting to know each other games
- team building
- splitting group games
- brain teasers
The last part of the afternoon was the moment to talk about media production, another important element of the PATH project and the GLobal Communication Campaign. Trainers presented the two different video structures that each member organisation of the project is expected to produce during their workcamp.
As a practical example of production of creative media on the topic of cultural heritage, the idea of a promotional video for the training was developed. Through a brainstorming, the group reflected about the content of the video and planned the different steps for the next days.